Keelby Remembers      IMAGES FROM THE PAST

All extracts reproduced with the kind permission of Pam Hay and the Keelby Branch of The Workers' Education Association
War Memorial
The Keelby War memorial. This photograph may have been taken when it was being erected.


Riby Road
Riby Road, leaving the village, before the bend leading to the A18. The only houses on the right at this time were those now numbered 8 and 10.


Keelby Garage 1932
Keelby Garage on the A18 taken in 1932.


View going into Keelby from A18
View going into Keelby from A18, now Riby Road. The two houses on the right still stand on the corner of Cotham Gardens, and are dated 1912. The old plashed hedges on both sides are still there.


Victoria Road
Victoria Road. One of the village shops selling groceries and sweets. It is thought to be Percival's and is now Keelby Guest House.


The square at the back of the shop, seen from Yarborough Road



Broughton's grocer's and draper's shop, late 1920's
A later photograph of Broughton's grocer's and draper's shop with a new frontage, probably taken in the late 1920's.


The Primitive Methodist Chapel
The Primitive Methodist Chapel, which stood on Riby Road at what is now the start of Caddle Road.